Mar 25, 2019
Reality Of Trading Professionally – Show Notes
In episode 187 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I sit down with
James Whelan and Daniel Moss in Sydney.
Both work for VFS Group, a private wealth management fund.
I wanted to discuss with them what it's like to trade in a firm
of the sort and what you can expect as well if you ever decide
to trade professionally.
In 2014, VFS Group was
admitted to the BRW Top 100 Fast Starter list. In 2015, Danny was
named NSW Business Chamber Young Executive of the year for the
Watch the video
Topics Covered In This Episode
- How it's like to work in a group of traders 1:20
- What is done at VFS Group 1:45
- The type of tasks traders perform in institutions
- What you need to do to trade professionally 3:00
- Communication in a team of professional traders 4:56
- How & why the traders transitioned to trading algos
- The type of data traders look for to make decisions 12:30
- Changes coming up in the managing money industry 15:35
- How to communicate with clients when trading professionally
- How to handle drawdowns with clients 18:30
- How to get clients and understand their risk profiles
- One GOLDEN piece of advice! 22:30
DesireToTRADE Top Resources
How To Find James Whelan & Daniel Moss?
What is one thing you are going to implement after
listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join
me in the Facebook