Nov 20, 2017
Secrets Of A Professional Forex & Stocks Trader – Show
In episode 119 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I re-interview
Steve Patterson, one of the top proprietary traders based in
Toronto, Canada. As someone trading the markets for over 37 years,
he came on the podcast sharing his secrets & techniques as a
professional Forex & stocks trader.
Watch the video
I previously had the chance to discuss with Steve in episode 108
of the Desire To Trade Podcast.
He is someone aspiring professional traders can learn a lot from
and I always feel great after discussing with Steve. There are
several "gems" in this interview!
Topics Covered In This Episode
- What Steve Patterson trades (i.e. trading style and career)
- Pre and post-trading routines 4:30
- The books Steve recommends trader to read 8:05
- How to feel like a professional trader (hint: you shouldn’t)
- Mixing discretionary and systematic trading 12:35
- Indicators traders can profitably use in the market 13:30
- How to create a winning trading strategy 20:20
- How Steve trades on a typical day 24:00
- How do you know what you trade will work on different assets
- How do you get a feel for the market (exercise) 33:10
- How to distinguish a great market from a messy market
- How to place a stop loss profitably in the market 46:40
- The expectations you should have when you start trading
- How Steve would treat trading with a small account 56:20
- The role of confidence in trading 1:01:00
- How to make 10%/month as a swing trader 1:11:40
More About Steve Patterson
Steve Patterson has experience working in the world’s
largest firms, prop firms, stockbroker and floor trader. During his
work life, he has seen 3 market crashes and multiple Bull and
Bear market cycles.
He knows everything about how to master the markets and
trade profitably through all environments and the secrets of a
professional Forex, Stocks Trader, which makes him a very
- Exclusive Coaching with Steve
Patterson: Steve is offering a special program for
Desire To Trade fans. This is an opportunity you don't want to
miss! Make sure to select the "Desire To Trade" option for a free
call with Steve!
DesireToTRADE Top Resources
How To Find Steve Patterson?
What is one thing you are going to implement after
listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join
me in the Facebook