Oct 30, 2017
50 Years Of Experience On What Highly Successful Traders
Do – Show Notes
In episode 116 of the Desire To Trade
Podcast, I interview Barry Burns, a trader, and educator.
He came on the podcast to talk about his 50 years of experience on
what highly successful traders do.
More About Barry Burns
Dr. Barry Burns started his study of the markets under the
direction of his late father, Patrick F. Burns, who accumulated
70 years of trading experience in his lifetime.
Barry is also the author of the book Trend
Trading For Dummies published by Wiley. He has been
seminar presenter for several exchanges including the CME Group and
Eurex, & founded Top Dog Trading, to help students shorten
their learning curves in becoming traders.
I’d love if you can take a few seconds to leave a review
on iTunes or Stitcher.
Let me know honestly what you think of the podcast because the only
way I can improve is through your reviews.
"Listen to more Desire to trade podcasts" - Barry
* Big thank you to Barry for saying this :)
What's Covered In This Episode
- The difference between successful and unsuccessful people
- Barry Burns' trading style with 7 monitors 3:40
- How Barry started to trade with his father 50 years ago
- A powerful method to understand what happens in the market
- The lessons Barry learned early on that can be applied today
- The transition to trading with computers 12:40
- The process of getting feedback on your trading 16:00
- The uncommon things most traders do wrong 19:15
- Trade setups & strategies Barry Burns relies on 20:43
- How many trades Barry takes in a day by trading 3 hours/day
- How Barry Burns manages life & day trading (time
management advice) 38:10
- Trading the open vs. trading later during the day 41:44
- What highly successful traders are willing to do others don't
(POWERFUL ADVICE) 45:20
DesireToTRADE Top Resources
How To Find Barry Burns?
What is one thing you are going to implement after
listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join
me in the Facebook