Jan 30, 2017
Brent Penfold: The Universal Principles Of Successful
In episode 77 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I
interview Brent Penfold, a futures trader based in Sidney,
Brent began trading when he joined Bank America as a
trainee dealer in December 1983. It didn’t take much time for him
to become fascinated with the markets.
These days, Brent is a licensed Futures Adviser,
specializing in trading index and currency futures, but also
trades a diversified portfolio of 16 markets across 8 market
sectors. What’s most interesting about his trading style is that he
is usually done trading by 9:30am and has the rest of the day to
concentrate on his research.
I personally found out about Brent as I came across his book The
Universal Principles Of Successful Trading, which I’d highly
For this new year, I’d love if you can take a few
leave a review on iTunes or
Stitcher. Let me know honestly what you think of the podcast
because the only way I can improve is through your
In This Episode, You’ll Learn…
- What are the universal principles of successful trading
- What’s the principle of maximum adversity.
- The single best measure you need to calculate about your
- The common sayings in trading that aren’t true.
- Brent’s opinion on discretionary trading.
- Brent’s simple trading routine (to be done by 9:30am).
- Why you must step away from the screen.
- Why you need to stop researching for strategies.
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after
listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in
Brent Penfold’s Books
The Universal Principles of
Successful Trading: Essential Knowledge for All Traders in All
Trading the SPI: A Guide to
Trading Index Futures in Australia
DesireToTRADE’s Top Resources
How To Find Brent Penfold?
About The Desire To Trade Podcast