Dec 10, 2018
Full-Time Quantitative Trader Shares His Secrets
In episode 173 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview
quantitative trader Troy Bombardia from Sydney, Australia.
In this podcast, we talk about trading systems and thinking with
the “systems mentality”.
Watch the video here.
Topics Covered In This Episode
- Who Troy Bombardia is and his background [0:59]
- How Troy came up with the idea to build systems [6:35]
- How to develop a system [8:28]
- How to make sure not to overoptimize the parameters in your
trading model or system [9:53]
- What the fundamentals for Forex are [13:20]
- Where people should begin in building a system and the pitfalls
that they could get into [19:11]
- Using Excel and why it’s good enough as a start [22:01]
- How to make your “moving average” better [25:19]
- What you need to do to become more confident in your system
- His opinion on developing a system for Bitcoin [31:32]
- How good traders are able to read data on any chart at any
given time [34:34]
- How Troy decides which indicators to check [38:13]
- Troy’s advice for people on setting their mindset and mentality
DesireToTRADE Top Resources
How To Find Troy Bombardia?
What is one thing you are going to implement after
listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join
me in the Facebook